I took Thursday and Friday off from running or any kind of working out. Partially to rest my IT band, partially because the weather was horrible here in Eastern NC. So today, with beautiful weather out, my friend suggested playing some soccer outside, and I thought that'd be a great start to my afternoon, followed by an easy run and some strides.
Then I rolled my ankle in a hole on the pitch. I was able to keep playing but when we got back, I wasn't able to run without feeling some pain. And as the afternoon progressed, it's gotten tighter. So icing and elevating has been the name of the game. Pretty frustrating, seeing as how my IT band is feeling great today.
I'll see how it feels in the morning, but I doubt I'll be able to run on it. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to cross train, but that doesn't sound as appealing. Just another adventure in failure.
Check back in a few days, hopefully I'll not only be able to talk about some positive running news, but also give you guys my running bucket list.
No comments:
Post a Comment