Well I took Sunday off, icing my leg some more, but decided that I should get back to it on Monday. I began by doing some stretching inspired by Coach Jay Johnson, which seemed to loosen me up pretty good. Later in the afternoon, I was able to stationary bike for 35 minutes, do elliptical for 20 minutes, and did a 3.5 mile easy run. It felt awesome.
Tuesday I was too drained from classes, I should have ran in the morning, but coffee sounded better. Oops. Got up early Wednesday and got after it though with a broken tempo, doing 5 minutes on with 75 seconds off, for a total of 26 minutes. Pretty good workout with the rising heat outside. A couple of hours after dinner I went to the gym and did 25 minutes on the elliptical, increasing from about 65 to 85% of my maximum heart rate during the workout.
The plan is to wake up early tomorrow morning to get a long workout of running, biking, elliptical, and then ancillary work in, but we'll see how that goes.
I wanted to give you my running bucket list, as it's the hot topic to post about in the running world.
- Set new personal records in the Mile and the 5k, my current pr's are 6:00 and 20:37, I'm hoping for a sub 20 5k this Fall.
- Establish pr's in the 2 Mile and 10k, I'll get a 2 Mile from Basic Training, but I'm not sure when I'd move up and do a 10k
- Compete in another cross country race. I'm not worried about time, since all courses are different, but I'd like to run one this Fall, hopefully with some good training in my legs as opposed to the previous 2 times.
- Win another race. I won a 2.8 mile race when I was sick once, pretty cruddy time but no competition. But I want to win a more competitive race. I think this is a long term goal.
- Become a coach, even a free one for one athlete. It would be awesome to apply the training techniques I've learned about and use them on an athlete and coach them to success.
What are some things on your bucket list, running or not?
I didn't want to make a new post but I wanted to add some things to this one, without editing. First, the pinched nerve was acting up today(Thursday) so I decided to ice it. More to come on this topic eventually, but I need to remember that rest and rehab are important parts of training too, not just running.
ReplyDeleteSecond, almost a topic for the future, I'm a horrible pacer, so the broken tempo started off bad. I wanted to do mile long repeats, but I cut that down to 5 minutes on. After a minute rest, I started another on, and still hit the mile in roughly 8:00. So with a rest, I still hit the mile sub LT pace. Horrible pacing.
Lastly, my biggest running goal is to get in a prolonged period of uninterrupted training. With that, I think I could achieve many of the goals I listed.