Word on the street is that I am my friend Damarius' track coach, and by word on the street I mean this blog. Here's a link to some training we did in the Fall of 2013: August, September, and October. I've been giving him workouts since the beginning of Spring but I recently decided it would be a good idea to share them with you. I've backlogged everything major he did in June and will share it here with you, and going forward will provide periodical updates.
1) 4x800m @ 3:12 w/2:00 rest. 4x400m @ 1:18 w/1:30 rest. 4x200m @ :33 w/:60 rest. 4x100m @ :14 w/:60 rest.
2) Pre-meet: 300m/200m/100m @ :60/:35/:15 w/1:30 rest. Meet: 11.6 100m and 52.4 400m.
3) 2 sets of 4x200m @ 32 w/1:30 rest, 3:00 between sets.
4) 6x600m @ 2:20-2:10 w/1:30 rest. 5:00 rest. 6x200m @ 33-30 w/1:30 rest.
5) 2:08 800m.
6) 5x300m @ :49 w/1:30 rest. 5:00 rest. 3x150m @ :20 w/2:00 rest.
7) Wednesday: 51.6 400m. 12:04 3000m tempo. Saturday: 20:05 5000m.
8) 3 sets of 3x300m @ :50 w/1:15 rest and 5:00 between sets.
9) 2x300m @ 42 & 40 w/6:00 rest
He opened up his season on May 20th with a 24-low 200m and a 2:13 800m. The following week he ran a 53-mid 400m. In his only mile of the season, he ran 4:58. Every week he has stepped on the track, he has run a seasons best, and considering all his personal bests are from more than 6 years ago now, I think he's had a great summer so far. However, the goals are still the 50 second and 2 minute barriers. Hopefully I can help him get closer to those before the next time I provide a training and racing update.
No comments:
Post a Comment