I have a cold, so the rest continues while I struggle to breathe and avoid to unbearable North Carolina heat. While I'm used to it being hot here, the abrupt jump to 100 degree weather is quite baffling. Anyhow, last week's medical exam went well, outside of a test the hospital failed to administer. Thankfully Laurinburg is just a short drive from here. A week from now, I'll be headed to Washington, D.C. for my Border Patrol oral hiring board, that will not be a short drive.
On Thursday, I was supposed to have a fitness test and interview for a correctional officer position with the state. But I got lost in Raleigh for 40 minutes, and my heart rate was through the roof and I wasn't allowed to take the test. While I'm sure it was elevated, they used a battery operated cuff to check it, and if you aren't aware, they are extremely inaccurate. Oh well, I will reschedule. The weekend just started earlier than planned. I got to hang out Thursday evening with my cousin and his wife in Chapel Hill, got to have drinks with my friends late into the night in downtown Raleigh, and got up early on Saturday for a road trip to the mountains. We made our way to Gorges State Park and hiked into the Pisgah National Forest, where we saw Rainbow Falls and dived into it from a ledge 20 feet up. Pro tip, make sure your friend can swim before doing such things, because mine tried to drown on me, NOT GOOD. But it was a fun weekend with family & friends.
By the end of the trip, my calf was completely healed, which left me excited to restart my training. However, this cold decided to hang out with me for a few days. So it looks like I'll have taken 2 weeks off before I can restart. Remember there are worse things than resting on minor injuries and through colds, no use burying myself beneath a worse injury or letting the sickness drag on and further affect my lungs.
So there you have it, pros and cons of getting out. You might have a great time, or your friend might try to drown and you'll get sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment