Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Home

Home Sweet Home! I've been home for just shy of two weeks now and despite all my pain and discomfort, it has been incredibly relaxing. I've been able to enjoy coffee, soda, tea, beer, and even some wine. I've eaten reese's puffs, powdered sugar donuts, twix bars, and reese's cups. I surprisingly came home weighing in at 172 pounds, as opposed to most of the other guys who left weighing in 10 pounds heavier. I'm assuming it was the lack of junk food and my upper body muscle weight leaving that has caused my weight loss. But I've gained a few of those pounds back from eating all these snacks and sweets.

I tried to use the exercise bike to get a small sweat going and get my leg working, but after two 10 minute sessions, I realized that my pain was too sharp when trying to both sit and pedal. I don't have my first appointment until August 7th and I have no idea how much longer after that all the other appointments will take, so I have no time table for my return to any kind of training. Instead, I've been reading all the articles on running websites, and watching videos on Flotrack, while doing more research into training methods and workouts.

I still have to link up with my National Guard RSP to finish my discharge process, they haven't made themselves available yet to report to. When I do head up in their direction, I will have to find an apartment in Greenville so I have a place to stay for when school starts. This is a time when being far away from your school, 2.5 hours in my case, really hurts you.

Good luck with your training, eating, and life :).

No comments:

Post a Comment