Sunday, August 3, 2014

Training in July

I wanted to share my training for the month of July. Since my last post, I've started using the running logs on Flotrack, and now I don't know why I hadn't started before, they are pretty awesome. Yesterday, I wrapped up my 4th week of logging my mileage:

July's Training (Aug 2nd is 2.7 miles at 8:38 pace, with six 100m strides at 5:32 pace)
On the 29th through the 1st, I felt pretty sore and tired, so after pushing through two days of training, I decided to take two complete rest days. Most of the other non-running days still have bike days, including an 82 minute ride on the 14th after a long day of travel. I'm starting to feel more fit, though I'm still a while away from being able to break my personal bests. My strides have been between 800m and Mile pace, and I will soon start running little bits of 5k pace work. I want to run some hills, but it is pancake flat around here for the most part.

With cross country and fall road race season (for us non-elites) swinging into gear now that it is August, I hope everyone stays healthy and can get some good training in!

No comments:

Post a Comment